Thursday, September 4, 2008

Fire at Work!!!

So today at work we had quite the exciting day. We have a huge commercial dryer for all of our laundry in our break room that caught on fire. At first it was just smoking but then it bursted out in flames. One of the girls used both fire extinguishers that we have and they didn't do anything. After about 10 min. of waiting for the fire department, they finally showed up.

While all this was happening, I was getting my hair done. I had just started getting the color applicated to my hair when we had to evacuate the building. So Vanessa (the girl doing my hair) thought she'd just keep doing it outside. I was fine with it because I really needed to get my hair done. She continued doing my hair outside when they told us that we wouldn't be able to go back inside. So, we weren't able to finish my hair, and I had to go home with color in my hair and wash it myself. Haha! It was pretty funny to see people's reactions when they saw her doing my hair outside.
Here are Suzy, Helle, me and Megan just hanging out outside waiting to see what was going on.



There were 3 fire trucks and 1 ambulance that showed up. It was definitely quite the experience. There wasn't a ton of fire damage, but there is a lot of smoke damage and a lot of water damage done to the spa. As of right now, we are going to be closed until at least Monday. What a crazy day!!!

6 comments:

Tina said...

Sounds crazy! Hopefully you and baby didn't inhale too much smoke. Maybe with a few days off we can go to lunch. Call me!

erin said...

Hey! You are too funny! Sounds like it was quite the experience adn fun story to tell in the future, hope your hair turned out alright though, I'm sure it did! I miss that mall, the Texas Roadhouse is RIGHT THERE...mmMMmM! Even MORE reasons for me to visit in April of course the first reason being to visit your cute family!

Lyns said...

That's crazy. All I have to say is that at least you get a couple of days off! :)

Anonymous said...

How scary! Luckily the whole hole mall didn't burn down.

Amy said...

I love your blog! Thanks for giving me your blog address. It is fun to look at the pictures and put a face to many names!!!

What a cute family you have!

East Family said...

Hey Trudi..I see that your back at the Sanct. That is way to funny about the fire. Tell everyone hello for me. I see that your having a boy. Congratulations...Hope all is well. I'm sure your glad to be home with your family.